Friday, April 13, 2007

Setting up my first Blog

I've decided to set up a blog to document my training for and participation in the cross country bike tour I'm planning for June- August, 2007. Today, I am trying to get my training back on track- I have somehow injured my right ankle- no idea how I did it- it just started aching. Ahh... the joys of aging. I've been off the bike for 3 days and am very frustrated that I can't ride. I need to be training and this forced lay off is really pissing me off. Maybe it will improve tomorrow??

Nevertheless, I am pleased with my preparation for the tour in general. Since last June, I have logged nearly 7,000 miles and my strength and endurance is improving steadily. Last Saturday I did 65 miles and it was pretty easy. I'd hoped to get 1,000 miles + in this month, but with this ankle injury, I'll never make that happen. Hope all the miles I've already ridden don't desert me.